Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Too Late, It's a Quarter Past Silly

I like you and I know why.
I like you because you are a good person to like.
I like you because when I tell you something special, you know it's special
And you remember it a long, long time.
You say, Remember when you told me something special
And both of us remember


When I think something is important
you think it's important too
When I say something funny, you laugh
I think I'm funny and you think I'm funny too
I like you because you know where I'm ticklish
And you don't tickle me there
except just a little tiny bit
sometimes
But if you do, then I know where to tickle you too



You know how to be silly
That's why I like you
Boy are you ever silly
I never met anybody sillier than me till I met you
I like you because you know when it's time to stop being silly
Maybe day after tomorrow
Maybe never
Too late, it's a quarter past silly 


Sometimes we don't say a word
We snurkle under fences
We spy secret places
If I am a goofus on the roofus hollering my head off
You are one too
If I pretend I am drowning, you pretend you are saving me
If I am getting ready to pop a paper bag,
then you are getting ready to jump


That's because you really like me
You really like me, don't you
And I really like you back
And you like me back and I like you back
And that's the way we keep on going every day


--from I Like You, by Sandol Stoddard Warburg

We had parts of this book read at our wedding two years ago and it still perfectly captures why I love being married to this man. It's been a crazy last two years, what with living in San Diego, TCOCC, and now The City, and learning to deal with, at various times, teaching intense classes, unemployment, business school, and our fur baby, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Happy second anniversary!


All photos courtesy of our amazing photographers, The Youngrens.

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 2 years. Here's to many more. (Just passed 15 years here, eek).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievably sweet! You brought tears to my eyes! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the poem! Congrats on 2 years. They start to just fly by after this, or at least that's been my experience. And the picture with you two and the swords jumping is so incredibly awesome there are no words. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary, dear friends:) Beautiful pictures! Much love to you both<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! What a great poem, and all these pictures are fabulous! You guys are clearly made for each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWWWWWWWW

    that is all
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh happy anniversary, that made me all sniffly, wonderful poem, and great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That's a lovely poem and those are gorgeous photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaawww... you're so sweet! I adore this post; congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely poem and beautiful photos! Happy 2 years, I love your dress! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, you guys are just too gorgeous for words! What a lovely post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, awesome pictures. Congratulations! (Also, that poem is the cutest.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! (I just attended my brother's wedding, and they read that during the ceremony, too. It's adorable.)

    Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so great! Happy anniversary and to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ADORABLE. I absolutely love the poem and those marvelous photos of the two of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You two just made me tear up, and I'm pretty dead inside. Congratulations on two fantastic years, and may you have many more!

    Strugglesewsastraightseam.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is simply one of the most delightful and moving blog posts ever. :) Thank you for sharing you :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooo cute and beautiful. I'd also like to high-five Leah's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. CAPTAIN OF SEWING AND CAPTAIN, this is way too cute. Yes, I am much behind on the blog but I'm playing catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me your thoughts! I appreciate reading them and I try to reply to most, if not all, comments, especially when they are questions. I ask that you keep your comments polite, and if you're a spammer, don't bother because your comment will just be deleted! Also, if you're commenting on a post that's more than two weeks old, it will be moderated.