Friday, March 30, 2012

Catching Up on Blog Awards


I've been remiss in housekeeping, both literal and bloggeral; sometimes, life just happens, you know? Anyway, I was given the Liebster Blog Award by both Su Sews So-So and Struggle Sews A Straight Seam back when I was still under 200 followers. I don't know if it's too late to follow up (do these nominations have an expiration date?), but thank you very much anyway! I would like to pass this along to Katja of Of Dreams and Seams, Violet of Steam Ingenious, Deborah of The Tropical Sewist, Bernie And I,  Molly of Toferet's Empty Bobbin. And if any of you have more than 200 followers, I'm sorry for assuming that you are less popular than you deserve to be.



Meigan of Get My Stitch On was also so kind to award me the Sunshine Award. Thank you, Meigan! I'm glad my excessively parenthetical blog posts and endless stream of sleeveless dresses bring you sunshine. Blogs that regularly bring me sunshine are The Dreamstress with her fantastic spotlights on historical clothing (I love her Rate the Dress series!), The Girl With the Star-Spangled Heart with her Downton Abbey goodness, Puu's Door of Time with her shocking love of every nerdy thing I ever secretly loved (Sailor Moon!!!), and Struggle Sews A Straight Seam because I can always count on her to make me laugh out loud.

And now for the questions to answer:
  1. Favorite color: Redandblack. It has to be those two together. I have a secret gothy heart. Also because it makes for an excellent song in Les Mis.
  2. Favorite animal: Let's take a wild guess here...could it be...the cat? I love cats because they are like me -- mercurial in their moodswings, bad with large social gatherings, but simultaneously desiring of intimacy and affection -- and I secretly think that they have the same Myers-Briggs letters as I do: INTJ. Wow, am I a crazy cat lady or what?
  3. Favorite number: 42, duh. How else will I know how many roads I must walk down?
  4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Coffee. I don't think I can ever go without it. 
  5. Facebook or Twitter: Definitely the former; I don't understand the latter.
  6. My passion: Making pretty things. That is why I suck at making everyday, non-costumey clothing.
  7. Getting or giving presents: Ummm, maybe this is selfish of me, but getting for sure.
  8. Favorite day of the week: Saturday for sure. Sleep in, spend time with the husband and cat, a whole day of nothing!
  9. Favorite flower: Daffodils, only because of their place of prominence in the movie Big Fish.
  10. Favorite celebrity role model: I don't think I have one. I mean, based on blog space devotion, I guess Jeremy Lin (I mentioned him twice, I think)? But that's not really real, since I know very little about what he actually does.
Lastly, thank you to those of you who voted for me in the Whimsic Alley costume contest. I really appreciate your doing so, and I'm still hoping I can win whatever the prize is. The contest ends at 11:59 tonight, so if you believe in fairies my costume, please clap your hands like the photo! Thank you ever so much!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the awards! Lovely to learn more about you, I love cats too! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Good luck with the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the competition - hope my little vote helps!!! Off to check out the great blogs you have nominated in the awards....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on these, plus I also happened to spot you as the Pattern Review Featured Member today! Your awesomeness knows no bounds... which I suppose makes you my secret nemisis - that's how admiration works, right? But you can't be my nemisis because you share my love of 42 (I mean, it's the answer!) and daffodils (pretty, yellow, and my cat doesn't shred them with his fangs like he does tulips). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I did not know about the PR Featured Member thing! Thanks for letting me know. 42 really is the best number!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for recognizing my blog! It's a huge treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog! It always has such steamy goodness!

      Delete
  6. Awww...thank you! I go away from your blog for a week and come back to two different awards for me! Now I have to do a bunch of catch-up myself and pass them on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much (and with so much delay!) for the award! I have already gotten it at some point, which is why I didn't "pick it up", but I sure appreciated the compliment! Take care -
    Katja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me your thoughts! I appreciate reading them and I try to reply to most, if not all, comments, especially when they are questions. I ask that you keep your comments polite, and if you're a spammer, don't bother because your comment will just be deleted! Also, if you're commenting on a post that's more than two weeks old, it will be moderated.