Friday, June 14, 2013

The Real Wedding Photos Are Here!

Not that my photos of Elaine's wedding weren't real, but they were just quick iPhone snaps. These are the professional ones taken with real cameras! All photos courtesy of Tom Chown Photography.








When I was back up in SF earlier this week for work, I dropped by Elaine's parents' house for lunch and her mom very kindly said that there wasn't anyone who didn't have something positive to say about her dress, so that made me very happy.



My one regret is that I didn't put in any kind of bustling mechanism for the train at the back...but Elaine managed to dance just fine despite my oversight!


Mr. Cation and I had a really nice dance too, to "The Luckiest," which was the song we had at our own wedding (three years ago next Wednesday!) during our unity precipitate ceremony.

And in a wide sea of eyes, I see one pair that I recognize, and I know...that I am...the luckiest.


In case you weren't following along with me in my wedding dress sewing journey, here are all the previous posts about the making of this dress:

Wedding Dress Progress Post #1
Wedding Dress Progress Post #2
Wedding Dress Progress Post #3
Not Really a Wedding Dress Progress Post
Wedding Dress Progress Post #4
Wedding Dress Progress Post #5
Wedding Dress Progress Post #6, plus my final thoughts on the making of it

Many thanks to all of you who believed in me (including, of course, Elaine and her family) and encouraged me along the way! Lastly, for those of you who don't believe me when I say how nervous I am about SHBs, I've finally got some evidence, captured on film an SD card:

There was a 3 month old at the wedding, and the photographer captured this expression of mine as I looked at the baby. Note the distress, trepidation, and reluctance to approach. I totally didn't even realize I was making this face; I seriously thought I was smiling. Yeah...


25 comments:

  1. Great job. Dress is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That couple is so cute! The dress is stunning and she carried it off beautifully.
    Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job - that dress is just incredible.... And it looks so good with his outfit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm lovin' that baby-watching expression!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous and unique wedding! Fabulous work on her dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a unique wedding dress for your friend! it turned out beautifully and the fit is supurb! you should be very proud. and ohmygosh i totally laughed at your "fear of baby" pic... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job!! Beautiful couple! She looks amazing in the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am coming out of hibernation to tell you I'm so SO impressed with your work on this dress - you truly made a work of art... but also to tell you that your comment about Mr. Cation made me all teary-eyed - I love that pic of you two :)

    I'm totally the same with babies and small kids; you're not alone! Although with me it's slightly less fear and more trepidation, because I'm pretty sure there's a good possibility they're actually small aliens LOL. It may explain why I'm never sure what to say to them either - perhaps you've discovered their secret too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that scared baby face! I felt the same way before I had a baby. Your instincts will kick in whenever/if you and Mr Cation decide to have SHBs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those close ups really show off the excellent fit.

    (and I've had that face captured on camera too...mine contains a bit of disgust as well which didn't go down well when my helpful cousin pointed it out. I thought i was hiding it well.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did such an amazing job on her dress! Your friend looked SO lovely. Your friend is SO lucky to have had a CUSTOM MADE wedding dress that fits so well and looks SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. dress fabulous, every detail perfect; baby anxiety photo...i like(d) and love(d) mine, who are in their 40's now, but i'm still not excited by other babies. maybe if i had grandchildren...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an absolutely stunning dress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elaine looked beautiful and had a wonderful photographer, who captured great dress closeups! (Good photos is the one thing I really wished for when I made all the dresses for my sister's wedding and didn't really get.) You really made the day perfect with the custom dress! Everyone should be so lucky to have a friend like you!

    lol - that face probably lasted about half a second and it's amazing that the photographer managed to catch it on film!

    ~ Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did such an amazing job on this dress! I would say it looks like RTW, except it doesn't - it looks way better! Plus you'd never find such a unique dress in a wedding shop!
    And I'm sure there exist pictures of me from several weddings making the terrified-of-children face too...

    ReplyDelete
  17. i believe i've said it before, but i think you are now Officially Advanced. like, step up to obi wan kenobi sewing ranks advanced. (i'll be down here with han solo.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Elaine looks amazing! I can hardly believe you made that dress. I love your baby-interaction face, it clearly expresses how I feel when I see them too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so brave to have made a friend's wedding dress, I'm in awe of how beautifully it turned out, and she looks just lovely. Good job!

    Hahaha, that is exactly the face I make when faced with Humans under about 10yo. Only mine usually has a bit more wide eyed fear that they might try to engage me in some way :P.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I still can't believe this dress! It's seriously awesome, and it fit her so perfectly! Slow clap for you, miss!

    But oh! Your baby-spotting face! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So. Amazing. Gorgeous photos and what an amazing make.
    But I must giggle at your happy tiny person face- epic!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful dress! I am in awe of the excellent fit you achieved! I walked down the aisle to "The Luckiest" played by musician friends at my wedding 6 years ago! Love that song :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aawww! That is so cute, you did such a great job. And I love the baby spotting face - totally justified, and I say that as a mother of two :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So so so exquisitely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me your thoughts! I appreciate reading them and I try to reply to most, if not all, comments, especially when they are questions. I ask that you keep your comments polite, and if you're a spammer, don't bother because your comment will just be deleted! Also, if you're commenting on a post that's more than two weeks old, it will be moderated.