Thursday, February 21, 2013

Where My Sewasauruses At?


Readers, if you haven't heard about Vicki the Sewing Scientist's Map the Sewintists project, go check it out! This is for all the times you've wondered if there were any other people in your area who are as obsessed with sewing as you are, or even if you're traveling to a new place and want to know who to ask about where all the best fabric shopping is. So far I'm the only one in TCOCC, but regardless of where you're located, go add yourself in! Read the directions carefully, though, because the first time I did this I accidentally moved somebody else's pin.

And for those of you who have been busting the heck out of your stashes for those you love, I'll be putting up a linky party tomorrow so that you can add your February challenge projects! You'll also have a chance to vote for your favorites, although Emily and I will reserve the right to make the final decision. I'm excited to choose -- the projects on Flickr have been especially awesome!


8 comments:

  1. Well I tried to add myself to the map as I am also in TCOCC I am not sure it worked because when I looked at the map there were 0 pins in CC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point, there are so many pins that we have spilled over into 3 pages of maps. You have to check each page separately. There is a way in KML code to combine the multiple pages, but I don't know how to do it yet, and I'm really busy today - family emergency and work and abstract due! I'll see if I can get someone else to fix it soon.

      Delete
  2. somehow i didn't see before that you are also in LA. before i begin calling around to random sewing stores, do you have any idea if there is a place in this town to rent time on a serger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in Santa Barbara, but I was working in LA a few months ago and I looked in to places I could sew while I was there - Sew LA in Atwater Village has classes most nights, but on nights they don't you can sew there for like $10 an hour, and they have sergers. Check it out: http://www.sew-la.com

      Delete
  3. will you choose after the weekend so I still have time to finish some birthday gifts? PLEEEEEAAAAAAASE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I entered myself. This is a great idea! I did not know there were 3 pages though, going to have to scroll through them. And Kitty wanted you to know that he has accepted your award at the award ceremony, here: http://gjeometry.com/2013/02/22/sewing-with-cats-kitty-has-graciously-accepted-an-award/ It was quite the event! (Tried e-mailing you this, but don't think the address worked).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realized I made something for my niece from my stash this month. I wish I could commit to a whole year... I'll relish in knowing that I was a part for a little bit...

    Oh, yes, and I'm on the map!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such an awesome idea!!! Especially for fabric shopping ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to tell me your thoughts! I appreciate reading them and I try to reply to most, if not all, comments, especially when they are questions. I ask that you keep your comments polite, and if you're a spammer, don't bother because your comment will just be deleted! Also, if you're commenting on a post that's more than two weeks old, it will be moderated.