|Walnut is not impressed with the bow he has to wear|
for back-to-school pictures.
Well, with last year's successes and failures in mind, it's time to make a new list of projects! This school year, I would like to make:
- More cake. I'm leaving this vague on purpose, so that I don't have to feel bad if I don't make some arbitrary number.
- Something with bound buttonholes.
- Jeans. I think this technically falls into the cake category, but jeans are so huge (in my head, at least) that I think they deserve their own item. Specifically, I want to make skinny jeans with topstitching and fancy back pockets and everything.
- A coat or jacket of some sort; really, I just want to make some kind of outerwear. I've got some red wool, but I may save that for when I actually know something about tailoring. I've also got some coral twill that is a bit light, but would make a fantastic summer blazer. I know, I know, by the time I get around to it, it won't be summer anymore and coral will no longer be in.
- A set of 1912 outfits, specifically a day dress, a suit, and an evening gown.
- Something to wear for the Gatsby movie. It's time to conquer bias-cut chiffon and all those interesting points and seams!
- Costumes for myself and Elaine for the OneRing.net's Hobbit party. They'll actually be LOTR costumes, but I don't think anyone will mind, right?
- A Loki-inspired cosplay outfit for Thor 2. Something along the lines of these pins.
- A steampunk-y leather arm bracer like this, to hold all my little sewing tools.
- A more or less 18th century gown with panniers. Kind of The Duchess-inspired. Notice that these items are getting more and more impractical/involved/unlikely.
- Heck, as long as I'm at it, I would like to learn to build furniture so that I can make either an AT-AT or dinosaur-shaped raised cat bed for Walnut.