Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Geek Indulgence #1: Apparel

According to the Speak Out With Your Geek Out, there are some things you can do to SOWYGO when you're offline, too -- among them being to wear something geeky from your closet. I love this, since one of my favorite things about being a science teacher is getting to wear all manner of science-y tee-shirts. I have quite a collection, which may not be helpful for my closet, but makes me happy and certainly does start conversations when I wear them out into the real world. Here they are!

From Threadless:
"Planetary Status"

"Lab Partners"

"Tasty Table"
"We Are Made of Carbon"




From ThinkGeek:



"Sweetheart"

"Mordorable"(Okay, this is LOTR geekdom, not science, but still!)
"The Solution"





I always have to explain that I'm a chemistry teacher, and not a terrorist.
I love this because I actually love learning about gold rush era diseases (epidemiology geek!) more than Oregon Trail.

And from The Nerdiest Shirts:

LOL-catted Schrodinger's cat, which incidentally always makes me a little sad because the cat might be dead :(


When the amazing Casey Brown of Casey's Elegant Musings did a series on people's cherished collections, I remember thinking that I didn't really have any good collections. Well, now I realize I do; it's just not particularly vintage! On the sad, sad day when I'm too old to wear screen-print tees (is there such an age?) I will make these into a cherished tee-shirt quilt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to tell me your thoughts! I appreciate reading them and I try to reply to most, if not all, comments, especially when they are questions. I ask that you keep your comments polite, and if you're a spammer, don't bother because your comment will just be deleted! Also, if you're commenting on a post that's more than two weeks old, it will be moderated.